The Andalusian regional government recently announced the launch of a new Covid-19 free insurance aimed to cover all international travellers visiting Andalusia in 2021.
This insurance, that will cover all international travellers from 1st January until 31st December 2021, will only apply if the travellers stay in a regulated establishment – that is hotels, hostels, apartment hotels, touristic apartments, guest houses campsites and country lodges.
What does the insurance cover?
This insurance, valid for the whole of 2021, works as an extension to the travel insurance – in the case of Europeans, the European Health Insurance Card, offers the following covering:
- Medical and surgical cost and fees to the patient
- Pharmaceutical costs related to the recovery from Covid-19
- Hospitalisation costs
- Ambulance or transportation costs of the patient, from the place of diagnosis to the designated hospital
- Return to the holiday destination place from the hospital where the patient was treated
- Repatriation by air ambulance to the country of origin – Europe and Mediterranean rim countries, or scheduled medical flights for the rest of the world
- If a patient is to be repatriated, its companion will also be covered by this insurance. They will be repatriated either to their place of residence or the hospital where the person is to be hospitalised on its home country
- If the insured are minors or disabled, without a trusted companion, a responsible person will accompany them to their place of residence or hospitalisation
- The insurance covers the necessary arrangements in case of death
- The costs of the companion transportation to the place of burial are also covered
- And last, but not least, the insurance also covers the costs of the extended stay at a hotel following hospitalisation or medical quarantine prescription, for both the patient and companion
There is no need to contract this insurance, you are automatically covered if you meet all the criteria.
This insurance will mean extra peace of mind for all travellers planning to come to Andalusia in 2021, for pleasure or for business purposes. Andalusia is continually reinventing itself, to guarantee the best standards to all its visitors. The regional government is hoping this new measure will reactivate tourism once the summer months approach and with the majority of the European population already vaccinated.
Besides this fantastic measure, already in place, the tourism professionals in Andalusia are taking measures, too, to guarantee everyone’s safety. In Malaga, the Malaga Convention Bureau is offering free tests to all travel trade professionals. The team at Meridional Events has been tested twice, with negative results each time.
The tests take place at FYCMA, the Congress and Conference Centre in Malaga. The main hall has been adapted and divided into several and differentiated areas. Once you enter – with masks, of course, that are mandatory in Spain; you get tested and are given a code. After a 15 to 20 minutes wait on the socially distanced waiting area, you will have the results.
All efforts must be made to guarantee 2021 will be a better year, not only for tourism but for everyone. Joint efforts must be made to guarantee that a new chapter is to start soon. Andalusia is constantly working to be a safe destination, as has been doing since day 1, for both visitors and residents alike.
Meridional Events is your best partner for all your corporate needs in Andalusia. We work alongside you to guarantee your corporate and business events are a success, following all safety measures and guaranteeing an experience of a lifetime in Andalusia. Contact us for more information.
More information about the travel assistance insurance: https://www.andalucia.org/en/travel-assistance-insurance